SMOKING: The Facts
HERE are some widely accepted truths about smoking.
- Smoking is one of the top methods of recreational drug use.
- Smoking is a traditional practice in many cultures worldwide.
- Smoking is one of the main causes of preventable deaths.
- Smoking is a leading cause of cardiovascular disease.
- Smoking is strongly linked to the development of lung cancer.
- Second-hand smoke is nearly as dangerous as directly smoking
- Tobacco smoke contains a myriad of lethal chemicals.
- Smoking may reduce physical exercise tolerance.
- Tobacco smoke is thought to contain known carcinogens.
- Smoking is linked to preterm and low birth weight births