FUN Features By Facebook For FIFA World Cup Out
FUN features by facebook and Messenger for the FIFA World cup holding in Russia are out; the features are to help fans cheer on the action during the World Cup in Russia.
Users will see an animated message on their News Feed inviting them to share their support by accessing one of the 32 team frames, which they can use as their Facebook profiles.
These new features include:
- Show your team colours: Today, fans may see an animated message at the top of their Facebook News Feed inviting them to share their fandom with a profile frame of their favourite team competing in the World Cup. Fans clicking on the message will be able to update their profile frame with the team frame of their choice. Profile frames are available for all 32 teams competing in the tournament.
- Cheer together with animations in posts and comments: Fans will discover fun animations when they celebrate their favourite team using select phrases in News Feed. This feature will unlock new ways for friends to cheer together and celebrate the action on the pitch. For example, someone may see this feature if they type in “gooaal” to celebrate their favourite team scoring, or if they type in a select cheer from one of the 32 competing countries. These phrases can be activated by posting or commenting with the correct phrase or tapping on the phrase when highlighted.
- Get Creative with Effects in Facebook Camera and Messenger: Throughout the tournament, fans can swipe right into the Camera on Facebook and Messenger to capture and share their team spirit using the following effects.
- Facebook: Click on the effects wand to find augmented reality stickers of players such as Sergio Ramos. Drop them in the scene around you and start filming – juggle alongside Sergio Ramos and share your moments to Stories or News Feed.
- Facebook/Messenger: Via the camera on both Facebook and Messenger, add AR effects to show off your fandom. You can snap a photo with face paint or a festive flag wig to show off your fandom and celebrate the 32 competing teams.
- Play a game with friends on Messenger: Just in time for the tournament, a new twist on the keepie uppie game arrives in Messenger. Play the hidden keepie uppie game in Messenger by sending a flag of your choice and a football/soccer ball to your friends in a chat. Show your country pride and compete with friends across the globe. To win, don’t drop that ball!
These product experiences will begin rolling out globally starting Monday, June 11.