THE Dangers Of Smoking: 15 Health Effects Of Smoking
It is popularly accepted that cigarette smoking is associated with worse health outcomes. But what are these effects? Below is a list of some of them. I hope you learn something new from reading this.
- Smoking increases your risk of lung cancer.
- It increases your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- It can lead to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It can complicate condition such as asthma and respiratory infections.
- It may reduce the fertility of women and men.
- It can increase the risk of lung and ear infections in children.
- Smoking in pregnancy may harm the foetus.
- It may weaken the bones (osteoporosis).
- It might increase chances of developing cancers of the throat, mouth, kidneys, cervix, bladder and pancreas.
- Smoking may diminish the sense of taste and smell.
- It can suppress appetite.
- It may cause unintentional weight loss.
- It can stain the teeth and nails.
- It can increase the risk of eye problems such as glaucoma.
- Nicotine withdrawal may cause mood disorders.
Smoking is a difficult habit to give up. But I hope the above list can convince anyone who might be struggling with this pesky habit to quit it. If in need of further advice be sure to contact your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.